On International Nurses Day, celebrated each May, the Hadassah Medical Center not only honored Hadassah’s 2,007 nurses but also presented nine outstanding nurses with an “Above and Beyond” award from Hadassah in America.
The special award ceremony was initiated by Rely Alon, Ph.D., director of Hadassah’s Division of Nursing. Along with accolades for their outstanding patient care, the nurses received a letter, notifying them that $600 would be added to a future paycheck.
The nine nurses were cited for:
- personalized, exceptional caring and empathy;
- preserving the dignity of their patients under difficult circumstances;
- devotion to their nursing team and being a role model for their peers;
- dedication to finding new solutions to improve a patient’s experience in the hospital;
- providing their patients with optimal service, embodying Hadassah’s motto of quality care for all who come through its gates.
The Hadassah Hospital Ein Kerem awardees are Shani Davis, Pediatric Intensive Care; Tikva Dorin, Department of Urology and Orthopedics; Tal Ilsar, head nurse, Internal Medicine; Michael Oppenheim, Internal Medicine; Claudia Poggy, Neurosurgery Intensive Care and Heart Surgery; and Hadas Sapir, head nurse, Department of Oncology.
The Hadassah Mount Scopus awardees (in the featured picture) are Anna Aligolashvili, Emergency Medicine; Tzila Ben Zaken, Surgery Clinic, and Imaging Department; and Tsofiya Sharky, Internal Medicine.