Hadassah International’s Mission:
- Enhance the image of Israel through the work of the Hadassah Medical Center.
- Provide support for the Hadassah Medical Center so that it remains an academic center of excellence for healing, teaching, and research.
- Serve as a bridge to nations through medicine.
Founded in 1983, Hadassah International unites people of all faiths and nationalities in their mission to improve lives around the globe through their financial support of the pioneering medical healing, teaching, and research at the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem.
Hadassah International spans five continents and is made up of volunteer men and women who believe that advancement and cooperation in medicine transcend politics, religion and national boundaries. The universal language of medicine allows Hadassah International to build bridges between nations and help to establish research and clinical ventures between the Hadassah Medical Center and medical institutions around the world.
Hadassah International’s Vision:
Supporting the Hadassah Medical Center:
- Hadassah International has active units on all 5 continents (15 countries) who work to raise the visibility of Hadassah worldwide while raising money for the Hospitals. They are engaging in innovative business partnerships, direct solicitation, as well as elegant galas and events to fulfil this goal.
- Hadassah International raises funds for HMO exclusively,
- In the past 5 years Hadassah International has raised $30.5 million
- Since the beginning of the Sarah Wetsman Davidson Hospital Tower campaign, Hadassah International donors have contributed $29.1 million.
- There are 8 men and 7 women serving as Presidents in our most active units.
- Hadassah International is governed by a 9 member international Board of Directors drawn from Brazil, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Canada, as well as the US.
- Hadassah International currently has 9 members on its professional staff.
- You can follow our events and successes on our Hadassah International website.
Hadassah International Websites:
Our central Hadassah International English website, www.hadassahinternational.org serves as a detailed resource for news from the Hadassah Medical Center (HMO). Here you can find indexed articles available on every major story that has come out from the Hadassah Hospitals since 2012. It serves as a data base on disease treatment and research that Hadassah has excelled in over the years as well as heart-warming patient stories, bridges to peace and international outreach. We strive to show the world why Hadassah is “More than a Hospital”.
From the dropdown on the top bar, you can access all 14 (soon to be fifteen) Hadassah International Unit websites in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew. These include Hadassah Australia, Hadassah Belgium, Hadassah Brazil, Canada Hadassah-WIZO, Hadassah France, Hadassah Germany, Hadassah New Zealand, Hadassah International Israel, Hadassah Latinoamerica, Hadassah Switzerland, Hadassah United Kingdom, Young Hadassah UK, Young Hadassah Holland, and shortly Hadassah Panama.
Hadassah International also sends out a monthly Newsletter in English and Spanish.
Hadassah International Facebook pages:
Many of the Hadassah International Units also run Facebook pages to engage their local populations. We have Facebook pages in 6 languages. The two Facebook pages intended for a wide international audience are in English (Hadassah International) and Spanish (Hadassah Latinoamerica), and each one features a daily posting.
Hadassah International You Tube Channel:
Hadassah International has its own You Tube Channel featuring videos of interest to our international audience. Most videos are in English, some with subtitles in other languages, and some directly in French or German.
Hadassah International is moving forward with innovation and worldwide outreach to promote and support the Hadassah Medical Center.
Hadassah International Board of Directors
Joyce Rabin, President
Ellen Hershkin, Chairman
Belle Simon, Treasurer
Perry Britton, Director
Robert Dorfman, Director
Dalia Itzik, Director
Patricia Levinson, Director
Shai Misan, Director
Fabio Wajngarten, Director
Hadassah International Executive Director
Hadassah International Communications Chair
Susi Shaked, President, Hadassah Austria”